Friday 29 April 2011

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was my littlest sister's (I'll call her B) birthday.
She's now officially a teenager! But I'm never going to stop calling her Bubby.
I remember my other sister, T, and I staying at a family friend's place the day mum was induced.
I remember the phone call saying, 'your little sister's here! She has big blue eyes and red hair'
T and I, in unison, 'RED HAIR?! Why?!'. Coming from a family full of brunettes, it was a bit weird.
It took me 3 days to actually learn her name because I'd never heard it before and it sounded like the parentals were speaking gobbledygook.
I remember a lot of her childhood. I was almost more of a parent than a sibling, she's very nearly 8 years younger than me. She fell asleep in my arms and I got to stay up late because mum didn't want me to move her.
She crawled out of her cot and when I went to check on her, there was toothpaste and tampons strewn all over the room.
Her favourite baby food was chocolate custard, and I'd always feed it to her so that I could eat some too.
I loved her more than I'd loved anyone or anything then. And I love her at least that much now.
She is the absolute best sister in the whole entire world, except for maybe T :)
She is beautiful and smart and witty and always knows when you need a hug.
B, I can't believe you're all grown up now. I'm so proud of you. I love you SO much!
I hope you had an awesome birthday, and I hope your party this weekend is super fun.
Enjoy being a teenager. Stay amazing. Never forget your big sister loves you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment